Saturday, August 13, 2011

Starcraft - Not Saying Good-bye, but Farewell

For the most part I've enjoyed writing about Starcraft and watching it grow. The comments were always fun to read and seeing the number of viewers grow was exciting. But sometimes things in our lives take a turn and you realize that you need time to get back on track. That's what I need - time.

I wrote a lot about the Starcraft community mostly because of avilo to whom I was devoted. Before he came into my life,I didn't even know what SC was. LOL But for two years, when he had no one to believe in him or support him and his dreams, I was there for him - right or wrong. I trust that I encouraged him and inspired him to grow. Hell, I even convinced him to finish college, when he was thoroughly disillusioned.

It does my heart good to know that now he has a fan base and it's growing in numbers everyday. His stream is thriving and other gamers support him and recognize his talent - the talent I've seen since I've known him. Before he got his new computer (I kept telling him to stop trying to rebuild his old computer and get all new innards. GRRRRRRR! Finally he did)I sat on his unwatchable stream as mod for hours - talk about devotion LOL

I smiled when I saw that It's Gosu, who had their first invitational the other night, (really exciting games with some top players) invited avilo - the only one without a team. That was nice of them, but then I've always said they're good people. He lost in RO1 to a protoss, but he'll get there eventually.

Luckyfool messaged me on TeamLiquid and thanked me for supporting the community. He thinks that if it wasn't for avilo, I probably would not have written anything about SC. Like I said, I didn't know squat about SC before avilo, but now that I do, I enjoy the game and, believe it or not, have made some friends. So, you're wrong, Lucky. I'll be back eventually. And I'll continue to support the DC LANs, It's Gosu, Hypercrew - all the dudes that were nice to me, and who accepted me into the community. It was great fun. I love y'all and wish y'all the best in your endeavors.

It's just time for me to back off for a while. LOL! Actually, not that anyone, except avilo, noticed but I backed off as of July 21, despite avilo's incessant Terran-like harassment, strats, gimmicks, BtB allins and shenanigans for me to return. (hmmm...come to think of it, those tricks are the same he used to get me into his life in the first place hehehe)

As far as the PMs I'm receiving... what I know is this - when you've known someone as intimately as I've known avilo, you know their heart and their mind; you know their weaknesses and their strengths. It's not the PMs or the chat logs - it's the fact that they were all too easy for me to believe.

Anyways, I'll see you guys in the near future and be writing more about Starcraft and its progress. I'll definitely write when Luckyfool beats avilo 2-0. hahaha. Thanks again to Luckyfool, all the peeps at It's Gosu and all the casters who streamed events and kept chat a nice place to be and the games exciting to watch. And thank you Davi, for introducing me to your game. GLHF!

P.S. One last word - Read the Koreans will not be participating in season 2 of the NASL. Just LOFL!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me :(

I know how much you like starcraft, but I understand. Come back soon. We'll miss you.

Orion said...

Sassy =( you will be missed

Rob G. said...

this post confuses me! Not a goodbye but farewell??? So basically your just not going to be as involved as you previously were but will still be around alittle?

Thank you. :)

Hart said...

Anon #1 - I'll miss y'all too.

Hart said...

Orion thanks, hun. And you keep your chin up and your frickin APM. LOL See you soon - well not soon, but maybe this winter.

Hart said...

Rob, sorry for confusing you. I have to extricate myself from the SC community for a while due to PMs and other stuff.

I love watching SC so I know I'll be back, but not for a while - until things settle down.

The "Not good-bye but farewell" comes from a poem:

Let's not say good-bye
Because good-bye sounds too final
As if we were closing the door
On all we've shared
As if we were closing the door
on each other
So let's not say good-bye
But farewell for now
Let us leave a window open
In our hearts and in our lives
For the someday
When the time may be right
To say hello again.

Hope that clears things up.

avilo said...

i'm sorry some troll's comments hurt you, but i am madly in love with you, and have been with you the entire time missy.

JR Bontrager said...

The Community has lost a light of reason and humor that will never be as bright without you Sassy. It's Gosu especially has been touched by your kind words and helpful comments. I hope in the future that the community will once again be inspired by your words. Thank you Sassy from all of us at IG :)

Hart said...

Hey, jr, did you know that you can actually experience withdrawal from SC - even as a spectator? LOL

I was feeling kinda sad and alone this morning, then I read your comment and smiled. (Actually, I cried like a baby) Granted, I cry easily, but seriously your sentiment touched my heart.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on behalf of It's Gosu. I still think it's one of the best gaming sites around and seeing it grow as it has in such a short time...well, it just makes me happy, cuz ya'll deserve the recognition.

Keep up the good work and have fun.

Ian said...

Man.. This makes me quite sad! I noticed how you started drifting away from watching or at least lurking so you didn't have to deal with some people. Who am I going to talk to now!?!
Well I really hope you come back soon you were a really enjoyable to have around who didn't cause any problems. I'm still away but you are always welcome to hang out on my stream and chat ;D
Welp back to writing my blog for the fourth or fifth time, I expect you to keep reading them :) as I will keep lurking here

Hart said...

Ian, you are such a nice kid and just in case I don't see ya by the 29th, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

And thanks for inviting me to your stream when you're not there. LOL

"I'm still away but you are always welcome to hang out on my stream and chat"

Keep up the blog. I'll sneak in every once in a while and enjoy the read and the vods.

Go TOSS!

Ian said...

Haha well I have my irc chat set up so I can see my stream chat 24/7 ;) so it all works out

Hart said...

Several people have asked me why avilo didn't have anything to say about this. Well, to answer your question, he said lots of things.

He made four comments none of which I wanted to publish...but to put an end to the questions - I'm publishing one of the four he wrote on the 13th.

As usual, his comment makes no sense to me or is it relevant to my post, but oh well - avilo doesn't always think with his brain. Amirite?

avilo said...

You can't leave, because if you do then everyone will feel as heartbroken as i have the past few weeks.

Everyone likes you because you write amazing, you are funny, sassy, and smart, and kind, which are all the things that have kept me in love with you since day numero uno and is why i'm still in love with you.

Ozz said...

Hey Sassy, I always "lerk" at your blogs and never make any comments. With this blog however, I just had to say that we, It's Gosu, will truly miss you and your contribution to our project and community. I always look forward to your comments and now knowing that you won't be as active anymore makes me very sad :'( . Who else is gonna push us with making changes to the site? LOL....Well, please come back soon cause your contribution is very much appreciated by everyone at IG.

Thanks,
miniMAXX, GoSuOzz, and MiniMe :)

Hart said...

Avilo, I have no words for you. Lately, I'm feeling like the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz, wishing that I had listened to the Wiz when he said:

"Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable."

# 9829 - always and forever.

Hart said...

Thank you, Ozz, (and each of your personas), for lurking (please don't stop) and this time for commenting. :)

Y'all at It's Gosu are the best peepz in all the Starcraft community. The casters...well, I took kindly to them from day one, when there were only 10 people in the stream chat and when everything was going wrong. (I just giggled remembering that)

I'll always have good memories of It's Gosu and it saddens me to leave the community, but it's not good-bye forever. When I do return, I know the site is going to be all fixed. Right? LOL (see ya in 20 years)

Just remember what Mark Twain said, "Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish."