Wednesday, August 10, 2011

America's Got Talent - YouTube Special Results Show 8-10-11

YouTube is such a ginormous video website that everyone and his brother has used the site to uploaded videos. Some talented folks even made their way to AGT. But what's more amazing are the YouTube entertainers that AGT brought us tonight.

A 29 year old, who goes by the name of Tay Zonday has had over 70 million viewers watch his Chocolate Rain vid. But it doesn't stop there. I mean his original video became so popular that he's risen to fame. And, yes, he actually talks with that deep, resonating voice with which he sings.

Keenan Cahill, a 15 year old, from Elmhurst, IL. put a vid on YouTube of him lip-syncing and, since, has been joined by a multitude of stars. The teen, who suffers from Maroteaux-Lamy Syndrome (which can be an excruciatingly painful disease)has had over 23 million YouTube views.

Other performers on tonight's show were OK Go, originally from Chicago, who performed All is Not Lost, Rebecca Black of the Friday Friday Friday fame (Awwwww I missed her performance *rolls eyes) and Up and Over, a hand dancing act.

But the most important YouTube acts were the performers, who anxiously awaited their fate backstage.

Nick first called out Gymkana and Powerhouse. Out the two, I think Gymkana was more unique so, despite Nick's pregnant pause, adding to the tension of these hopefuls, I knew Gymkana would get the most audience votes and they did.

Next up, Matt Whilhelm, Aeon, and TnC Elite. Well seeing as Matt got the most YouTube votes, again there was no doubt in my mind who was going to the semis. Matt Whilhelm and his dance partner, the neon bike.

Then four acts faced the firing squad. I swear that's what they're faces look like whilst they're standing up there waiting for Nick to announce who won. Kalani, Breena Bell, Kevin Colis and Brett Daniels. I liked the illusionist, but figured Kevin Colis would make it through. Just what Vegas needs, more singers. Actually, I'm happy for him. And if it weren't for his girlfriend, he wouldn't even be there. Yeah, behind every famous man, is a devoted and loyal woman, who believes in him.(dumb b*t*h)

The last three acts standing were Beth Ann Robinson, West Springfield Dance Team and Gabe Rock. Awwww poor Gabe was disqualified first and according to Piers, it's because Gabe was rude. HA! Piers he only did what a lot of other acts would like to have done.

This was a toss-up between Beth Ann and WSDT and I'm glad I didn't have to be one of the judges. Of course, Sharon would pick the West Springfield Dance Team, because they're just weird. I mean look who she chose for a husband. Nevertheless, Beth Ann Robinson was chosen by Piers and Howie.

We haven't seen the last of West Springfield Dance Team, though. Next week is the Wild Card show and that means a second chance for some of the performers who didn't make it. Sharon's wild card pick is West Springfield. They might make it to the semis yet.

Did I mention that I can't wait for AGT to be over and for Dancing with the Stars to start? LOL

3 comments:

avilo said...

hehe, i can't wait to watch some dwts with ya too. ofc i know you said you were just watchin agt for filler missy, but admit it - you liked it some lol.

luckytaz said...

Good writing, and like you, I can't wait for DWTS. I'm really getting tired of AGT. Don't even know if I'll watch next season. Piers is just too annoying, and so many of the acts are a waste of time to watch. I love recording it and fast forwarding through the boring stuff.

Hart said...

@avilo - Kinda like you - I ain't admitting anything. lol

@luckytaz - thanks for the compliment. I def not watching the beginning of AGT next season. You said "comic relief" but no - just plain dumb acts.