Saturday, August 27, 2011

MLG - Raleigh Day One and I'm Still Blonde

Okay, I'm not as blonde as the NASL model/interviewer - whatever her name is. Sporer? But still when it comes to MLG, I don't get all this pool stuff, although it's somewhat clearer to me since the first time I watched.

There's four pools named A, B, C and D. And I guess each gamer has to play with everyone in their pool. But even if they lose, they don't lose? I've never had such a hard time understanding anything.

And MLG doesn't help me by swapping streams. Hey, guys, I'm confused enough without y'all doing that!

Obviously, if you're reading this to get some accuracy on tonight's matches, you've come to the wrong place. This is just my noobish take. :D

I don't watch all the games, because I just don't care. I like that EG sucked for the most part on day one:

Coca 2-0 over Huk (He just joined EG)
Dignitasnani 2-0 over InControl
Bomber 2-0 over Idra
Sjow 2-0 over Machine

And even though Idra took 2 games off Haypro, Coca and Huk both whipped Incontrol 2-0. Maybe someone could tell me how Incontrol keeps scoring pool play? I never see him winning, but he always ends up on top. I don't get it!

Now if you wanna watch an exciting and stupendously unbelievable replay, you have got to watch the Sjow v Idra match. I won't give it away, but Sjow took Idra 2-0 in the craziest of games.

Something else hilarious happened at tonight's event - TLO was disqualified from his first game because he was a no show. LOL! Where was he? He was busy watching the Idra v Bomber match.

Another thing that made me crack up were the Terran "Goats." Huh? Pretty sure it was Tasteless who can't pronounce ghosts. lol. And there I was looking all over the map for something that looked like goats until I realized he was saying ghosts.

Players I root for, if they're not playing players I always root for, are the It's Gosu team. We, the viewers, don't get to watch the open bracket matches, so until it's announced you never know who moved on. I'd think with all the down time they have waiting for pool players - even with two streams running - they might throw in an open bracket game to fill the dead air. Some of us actually care about the open bracket gamers. *sighs*

So whilst everyone is watching all the pool player games, I'm more interested in the dudes that have to fight their way through the open brackets.

The It's Gosu team members are doing pretty good. Last I saw Hwangsin made it to RO3. So did Pokebunny and wbc. Unfortunately, Sonkie was dropped to the loser's bracket after he lost in RO2 to Cruncher 2-0.

There's one time I won't be rooting for It's Gosu and that's when Luckyfool faces wbc. See, I love protoss cuz they're pretty, but I've always been a Terran girl and since avilo isn't there, I'll be rooting for Luckyfool. "Lucky? If wbc gives ya cheese, make grilled cheese sammichs." (That's like if life gives ya lemons make lemonade. See what I did there?)

More excitement tomorrow, but what really sounds so fun to me - and wish I was there - is Barcraft. Heard about it through dcsc2 site. From what I gather, a bunch of people get together at a bar where they all watch the MLG tournament. I think it's great that some places are doing that actually; I mean offering a meeting place for Starcrafters. So cool!



No comments: