Wednesday, August 24, 2011

America's Got Talent - Semi-finals Result Show - August 24, 2011

I have no doubt that Nick Cannon's outfit was designed by the wardrobe mistress from Ringling Bros.; the one that designs for clowns. Oh well, he confidently said, "I'm smokin' hot so I can wear dots." Ummm....no.

Before the results (which held one disappointment for me) tell you about the talent portion of tonight's show.

First to appear was Demi Lavato with "Skyscraper" and, frankly, I didn't know whether to cry or feel good. The lyrics are sad, but hopeful, I guess. When New Boyz performed, I was preoccupied, but then the hip-hop duo really isn't my cup of noodles, which I was making during their performance.

Now you know - or should - that theater is my passion and any song from musical theater gets my attention. Prince Poppycock, one of the performers from last year's AGT, can't be ignored. What his masks can't hide is the talent he exhibits; with the theatrics and sets and costumes, his performances are grandiose. The song he sang, "Feelin' Good" is from The Roar of the Greaspaint the Smell of the Crowd and has been sung by many a great celebrity - Prince Poppycock included.

You want the results?

The first acts called to the stage were:

Sandou Trio Russian Bar turned piano bar.
Zuma Zuma, the exuberant acrobats
Matt Whilhelm and his spinning bike
iLuminate unlit, but the winner nonetheless

Only two acts were called next and I was like AMERICA???? Are you frickin kidding me?????

Poplyfe, one of my picks
Lys Agnes, another one of my picks.

Obviously, they both deserved to go to the finals. And woohoo, they both did.

Next up:

Melissa Villasenor, whose best impression is that of Melissa Villasenor
Miami All Stars, one of my picks and the winner
Kevin Colis, the dude with the good voice and the bad songs

Now comes the sad news. The remaining three:

Beth Ann Robinson, who's only 14 and is sure to be a famous dancer
Daniel Joseph Baker, one of my picks and who I think deserved it more than West Springfield Dance Team, but the judges had their say.

Oh well, Daniel is going to go far and I do believe his appearance on AGT has given him the confidence he needed to rise above the adversity in his life.

So, I got four outta five, not bad. Did your picks make it through?

As an aside: So many people click on my blog in hopes of finding the song titles that were performed and I don't always know them. I think it would be a good idea to contact AGT and tell them that along with the performers name they might consider mentioning the music to which they're performing. Tweet Howie and tell him. lol





2 comments:

avilo said...

Very witty post missy :) lol @ you making noodles and you crack me up with "um no" @ nick cannon.

trust me, demi levato and her disney gang are not many people's cups of noodles. frickin disney kiddos annoy me too.

i just hope a good act wins, i definitely will watch the finals with you...which are when... -_-?

Hart said...

No no no! You misread. I cooked the noodles during the hip hop duo. I enjoyed demi levato. :D

Hell, I have no idea when the finals are. Some time in September when DWTS begins.

Happy to bring a smile to your face, seeing as I've been making you so miserable as of late. Ummmm... stfu with thinkin' "yeah for two years." *glares* LOL