Saturday, August 27, 2011

MLG-Raleigh Day 2 - Are My Blonde Roots Showing?

Where I come from sports bars have always been popular. But now, since Seattle's first e-sports bar, these types of bars are sproutin' up all over the U.S. Like I said in my last post, what could be more fun then a group of like minds gathering at a bar to watch e-sports on the big screen, whilst cheering on their favorite gamer and downing a couple beers?

By the time I started watching the MLG today, it was after 3 p.m. and most of the news was already posted.

The guys I was rootin' for were knocked out of the Open Winners Bracket by RO4. Luckyfool let wbc proTOSS him to death 2-0. Also knocked into the losers bracket was HwangSin, with a 2-0 loss to Tri-Masters; Pokebunny, who lost to FollowGrubby, a Protoss, 2-0; and wbc, who lost to EGPuma in RO5.(good thing EG sent Puma, otherwise it would have been a total fail for that team)

But they didn't lose. Nope! They still had a chance to fight they're way out of the Open Loser's Bracket. Depending on how far they got in the Open Winner's Bracket decides where they start in the Open Loser's Bracket.

Obviously, Luckyfool's downfall is a TvT match and he died to Murder 2-0. Unfortunately, only one of the gamers I was rootin' for made it out the loser's bracket. :( HwangSin, a Protoss. DUH! wbc went to RO9, but lost to creepy bug (Zerg) opponent by the name of Ostojiy (Yeah, pronounce that)

Okay, I always get confuzzled (I mean more so - stfu) on day two, because the dudes in the pool, who drowned are resusitated into the oxymoron bracket, better known as the Championship Losers Bracket. *shrugs* Seems to me that a fella's got a hard time losing in these tournaments.

The games I did watch made me laugh out loud. Lots of Terrans nowadays are playing mech, something avilo's been doing since beta. And I also noticed lots of blue flame drops from Terrans. Not to mention I was seeing some nukes in late games. Hardly as outrageous as avilo's 40 when he played at Columbus MLG.

There was one match that tickled me to hysterics. Puma (T) v Sheth (Z). Can't remember which of the two games it was now (blonde roots and all) but I watched as Sheth's creepy crawly thingies just nonchalantly walked into Puma's base and killed an SCV. Then he turned his little bugs around and LOFL! Puma was waiting for him on the ramp. I'm sure Sheth's last words were Rut Roh before KABOOM! Better than Raid. Now where have I seen that strategy before? Oh right! avilo!

Last time I looked all the top spots in the pool play were Korean's. Is that a surprise? HA! Not even for the noob who knows nuttin 'bout SC. hehe

Pool A - The best, Slayer's Coca - five wins, zero losses
The worst, EGIncontrol - zero wins, five losses

Pool B - The best, Bomber - five wins, zero losses
The worst, EGMachine - one win, four losses, with our all time
favorite BMer, EGIdra running a close second - 2 wins, three losses

Pool C - The best, DRG - four wins, 1 loss
The worst, TLO (the guy who was too busy watching Idra v Bomber to make
his first game) one win, four losses

Pool D - The best EGPuma - five wins, zero losses (Like I said good thing EG brought
him and I think DeMuslim is EG and doing well)
The worst, FXOmOonman - zero wins, five losses

I highlighted EG for a reason :D Despite the losses, they will still come out on top if they do well in the championship losers bracket, and at the next MLG, they'll be playing in the pool again.

Okay, my head hurts trying to figure this out so nighty-night until tomorrow.

2 comments:

avilo said...

Hopefully whatever new system and stuff they change will make it so people can't continously lose in the pool and stay top 25.

You are very funny as usual missy :) i always enjoy reading these, even if your blonde roots do show lol.♥

Hart said...

Don't hold your breath for that change. I just can't figure out how Incontrol continually loses and can still put on his swim trunks. OMG! I just got a pain in my eyes envisioning that.

Yeah, funny...like you said "Nuclear cuteness detected" Kaboom, baby ♥