Wednesday, August 17, 2011

AGT - The Wild Card Results Show

Much to my dismay, America voted. Only one of my picks made it through so, it looks like USCMD's predicitons were right. *sighs* (Did ya ever feel like you don't belong in this life?)

I agree that the Kinetic King, who was voted through, is endearing and has a great sense of humor; however, are people actually going to pay to see an act that's over in a couple minutes?

Granted, Peachock blew it last night; nevertheless, I think he's entertaining. And if America had voted for Those Funny Little People, I probably would have left the states along with Piers. Avery and the Calico Hearts can come back when their voices have matured some.

Not one of the above mentioned were in my picks. :((

But two of the first three called to stage were. Shevonne and Yellow Design Stunt Team. Frankly, I was aghast when West Springfield made it through. Not that they don't have potential, but come on folks. This only goes to prove that teens text more than adults pick up the phone.

By the time Landon Swank and Seth Grabel were called to the stage I was thoroughly disgusted. Too many things have gone wrong for me lately, and now my picks, which are always accurate, (well 99.9% of the time) were wrong too. I picked Swank, so I was sure Seth would go to the semis. Oh wow! Surprise, surprise. America voted right this time and we'll see Landon Swank in the semis.

That left the Fiddleheads, Summerwind Skippers and J. Chris Newburg. I knew that my pick - Newburg - wouldn't go through this time, but I did hope the jump rope team would. At least it wasn't too big of a disappointment when the judges decided on Summerwind Skippers.

The show wasn't a total loss for me, though. As some of you know my background is in theater, so anytime a show brings an ensemble to perform, I'm in my glory. Les Miserables is one of the longest running musicals in the world and third longest running on Broadway. "One Day More," performed impeccably by cast members, gave me goose bumps. It'ss a great song, but my fave from the show is "On My Own." Kinda the way I've always been. (That's what ya get for bein' so damn independent, Ms. Hart).

I missed Colbie Callat's "All of You," because the phone rang - and if you're reading this, the answer is still no.

The semis begin next week and there's already talk about October's auditions. Just one more thing of which I'm not looking forward.



1 comment:

tinkerbell said...

I was surprised by the results too. I read USCMD's comment and thought it might be right, but then thought maybe not.

Yellow Design Stunt Team should have made it through. Their act is breath-taking. How many teens go to Vegas anyway?

I didn't think Shevonne would make it because there's already a lot of singers.