Tuesday, July 12, 2011

America's Got Talent - Quarter Finals

Admittedly, I have not been an avid fan of AGT. I watched it last season for the first time and then only caught the finals. But from what I've seen this season, I think Piers tongue should fall out for saying "Best talent we've ever seen." If this is the best ever, OMG! I'm glad I missed previous shows. I will, however, agree with Nick Cannon, who added, "The craziest." lol

First up was the Miami All Stars from - whoda thunk it? - Miami, Florida. They're all good dancers individually, but as a group, their timing and precision is on the money. I can't imagine what they would have accomplished with more than two hours rehearsal with a new song. 8/10

Dezmond Meeks
, the mix of "Little Richard and "Prince" from Louisiana, performed next. His rendition of the Rolling Stones hit, "Satisfaction," wasn't in my estimation as Howie said, "cheesy" but was pure Vegas. Maybe a little over the top, but he's definitely an entertainer, even though I don't think his voice is that great, I give him a 9/10 in the entertainment department, but 7/10 for vocal.

Like Piers said, Those Funny Little People, from Chicago, "Aren't funny, aren't little and aren't people." But I loved the production number which started out with "Singing in the Rain" and ended with "It's Raining Men," where some sexy studs joined them, wearing little bitty trunks with inner tubes hiding the best part. lol 7/10 performance, 10/10 production.

Never thought the Fearless Flores Family was more than a great alliteration. They're not worth a million bucks, despite the danger factor. They upped it this show by adding mom to the act. Now, the dad has to be fearless for standing in the center of the ball of death whilst three motorcycles whiz around at high speeds. I gave them a 9/10 because it is exciting to watch.

From a barn in Pittsburgh, PA., we get music combined with art, in Squonk Opera. Whilst the production was visually intriguing, I'm pretty sure they need an actual vocalist; however, Piers was rather hard on them with his "This is what Hell is like" remark. 8/10 for visuals 4/10 for vocalist.

Ending his act with a song that, I'm sure, made some people cringe, was comedian, J. Chris Newburg, from Birmingham, Michigan. He plays the guitar and tells jokes - not all that funny. The choir of boys and girls - all in beards - he brought as back-up for his song, "That's Probably A Bad Idea," was, like Piers said, "Probably a bad idea." But I did have to laugh at the line about a night spot named Club Baby Seals. 6/10

A street dancer from Boston, Mass., Snap Boogie, won the hearts of viewers. He's not only a talented dancer, who for the first time danced with back-up, but he's a sweet, genuine kid. And even though during rehearsal, he "felt something pop" in the groin area, he went on like a pro. 9/10

Parrots to me aren't Vegas and aren't a million dollar act, not even Echo of Animal Gardens. He failed miserably in Vegas, but this time his incentive to perform was having his sweetheart, Binky, on stage. Like Howie said,"Its a good birthday party act." 5/10

The Fiddleheads, a blue grass band, from Georgia, didn't feel blue grass to me. I hate blue grass even with a dobro, which they ain't got, but which makes blue grass a lot more interesting to me. Okay, so they're non-traditional blue grass, but with a song like Billie Jean and a lead singer, who couldn't hit all the high notes without a hernia, I think they failed. 6/10

Another disappointment for me was Duo Aero, an aerial act from, St. Paul, Minnesota. What's scary to me is that half way through the act I thought, this is BORING! and Piers agreed. There was nothing unusual or spectacular about the act. 5/10.

Up there with Snap Boogie is 11 year old singer, songwriter, musician, Anna Graceman, from Juneau, Alaska. She beautifully brought her own style to "Wonderful World." AGT = Anna Graceman Talent, Howie. 9/10

Lastly, Sandou Trio Russian Bar act from, Texas. Come on now, you jump 30 feet in the air and somersault onto a bar held by two guys. How in the world can you top that? Jump higher? Ummmm... or maybe add a life or death trick to the act. When I saw a bed of nails under the bar that was bad enough, but half way through fire was added to the bed and an even higher than 30 feet jump. 8/10 for the danger factor.

So, now America votes and, frankly, AGT has lots of fans, who, unlike me, watch the show religiously. I can't wait for it to end.

1 comment:

avilo said...

hhhahaha can't wait for it to end ehhh :D but they got ya sucked in, ya gotta keep watching :) hehe