Thursday, July 14, 2011

AGT - Which Four are Going to the Semi-Finals?

Out of the 12 acts in last night's show, only four will proceed to the semi-finals. We can't blame the judges for this one, because the viewers finally had their votes. So, is it based on talent or the amount of friends you have?

The first acts to be called on stage were, Aero Duo, Fearless Flores Family and Snap Boogie. My heart skipped a beat. I was so fearful that "friends" would overrule "talent." Obviously, I knew that Aero Duo wasn't going to make it; nevertheless, there were two popular acts standing on the stage.

Sometimes I hate those dramatic pauses. But when Nick announced the winner as Snap Boogie, I was like YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Immediately, I thought, "audience has good taste." Then I thought, "Wonder if inmates can vote?" Whatever, I was happy with the results.

Before the next set of acts appeared on stage, we were entertained (matter of opinion) by Avril Levine's "What the Hell."

Then it was a no-brainer between Squonk Opera, J. Chris Newburg and Sandou Trio Russian Bar. There was no question in my mind that Sandou Trio Russian Bar would be going to the semi-finals.

Again, the tension mounted as Dezmond Meeks, Echo and Anna Graceman took the stage. I enjoyed Dezmond's performance last night and I think he belongs in Vegas, but Graceman has an awesome voice and for an 11 year old is a soulful singer. I wasn't surprised that Anna Graceman won; nevertheless, I was disappointed that Meeks didn't.

Following that announcement, the cast of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert entertained the audience with an extravagant and campy production number. Wouldn't expect less with a producer like Bette Midler.

The last acts to await their fate; Miami All Stars, Those Funny Little People and Fiddleheads. As far as I'm concerned, Fiddleheads should have been in the Dezmond Meeks spot, but oh well. Two acts from this group would proceed to the semi finals and I knew it wasn't going to be Those Funny Little People and I was right. So, Miami All Stars and Fiddleheads were voted to the semi-finals.

It's my opinion that the audience actually did a good job; their only mistake was Dezmond Meeks.

2 comments:

avilo said...

great summary, shorter than usual, but i guess that's cause there's less acts n such.

Hart said...

That's, because I was watching the Omega Divisional @ It's Gosu. Someone I know was competing and came in fourth, but done good. Guess it's hard to compete against all-ins.

Oh, and I was actually called a (blank). I have no idea what a blank is, but we both know, I'm far from "blank." LOL