Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's Gosu - A Great Site for All Gamers

As y'all know I was first introduced to It's Gosu from their DC Area LANs - you know the ones avilo always wins. lol Since then, I've enjoyed the casting of Ayesee and Redmajejr on numerous occasions, but only recently realized they had an It's Gosu team and a forum. Duh!

Obviously, forums and I don't get along as evidenced by my experiences in GameReplays and TeamLiquid. But It's Gosu is different.

It's Gosu isn't a forum in the generic sense - it's a "social network" for gamers. Not only Starcraft II gamers, but all gamers. Their mission is to provide a fun atmosphere of learning and competition.

I can tell you first hand, it's a fun group. I registered on the It's Gosu site and found the people who run it, and its members, to be extremely fun, accepting, helpful and welcoming. Like any business, it takes a while to get the word around so, at the moment, the group is small - not so much in numbers as in active participants. (i.e. posters) But they're still growing and as anyone in business knows, growth doesn't happen overnight.

Those, who maintain the It's Gosu site, are hard-working people, devoted to promoting e-Sports. They have a team of awesome players and management. Two of the team players, GoSu.NamchiR and GoSu.Sonkie, recently qualified for the IEM, finishing in the top 16 of around a 100 entrants.

But It's Gosu doesn't just support their team players, they have weekly SCII tournaments for Diamond/Master/GrandMaster league; Gold/Platinum league; and, yes, Bronze/Silver league, among other tournaments.

There aren't too many sites that I've come across that promote the lower league players. And the games are streamed live. Now how cool is that? And whilst there isn't always a cash value on the prize for the lower league players, there is the equivalent - lessons with one of their star players. Hell, some pros charge 100 bucks and up an hour for lessons, so that's pretty awesome.

In addition to events, all pertinent SCII news and announcements are covered, plus there's a forum with some great posters, who actually know what they're talking about (meaning, I post there but know nuttin hehe), and there's a section for blogs, if ya feel so inclined, and replays.

Here I go being verbose again, but I just can't say enough nice things about It's Gosu.

If you're not familiar with e-Sports or you aren't into gaming, but have kids who are, this is a great place to learn more. Watch a live stream event, I guarantee you'll enjoy both the casting and the games.

If you are into gaming (they cover things like SCII, HoN, LoL, DotA2, MvC3, and lots of other games) this site http://www.itsgosu.com/ is worth checking out. But don't just check it out, become a member, introduce yourself, join in the threads or create one of your own - most importantly have fun. Oh, and feel free to give admins a hard time. :D

Once again the site address is:

http://www.itsgosu.com/

You can also follow them on Twitter and FB.

5 comments:

Orion said...

FUCK YESH GOSU

JR Bontrager said...

Thank you so much for your post! We're glad you enjoy the community and the site. We always love to hear the good and the bad about what we do, we can't improve otherwise. I hope we can see everyone soon at an event or in the games.

Hart said...

Thanks for the comment, Orion.

And Redmaje, you're quite welcome. It's Gosu is the first gaming site I've ever recommended.

I couldn't, in good conscious, refer TL or GR, because of all the BM and hate, which I don't think parents want for their kids.

Avilo thinks there's none of that in IG because the group is small - I, however, think it's because management doesn't believe you have to be BM or hateful in order to have fun gaming community. *shrugs* We'll see who's right. Of course I'm always right, 99.9% of the time. lol

I appreciate your comments.

Anonymous said...

Really? I think you're delusional! A while back you were saying how nice it was at GamerReplay, because you didn't like the hate and bad manners associated with Team Liquid.

You found out different a little while later and I know you're going to find out this is just the same as all the rest of them.

How many Starcraft players do you think there are? All they do is travel to another place and use an alias. Wake up, chicklette!

Hart said...

Hey thanks, Anon, for your comment. Your opinion about me is appreciated.

Frankly, I think you read something into my post that wasn't there. Obviously, a lot of the same people frequent these sites under aliases. Like I said about the members, most of them are nice. Hell, you're always gonna have a few aholes.

Anyway, I was mainly talking about the site itself and the casters. I don't know how into watching caster's stream games you are, but some of them are real jerks. They think it's funny to ridicule the players whilst ingame.

Ayesee and Redmaje are different. Even in last night's Omega Divisional, where a lot of their team members competed, they didn't show too much favoritism in their casting.

Actually, I shouldn't even be responding to this, cuz I got very little sleep last night and wasn't able to sleep in so I'm probably not making any sense.