Wednesday, July 20, 2011

America's Got Talent July 20, 2011- The Best Four Move On

America has spoken and the best four out of the 12, according to us, are moving on to the semifinals. But first, let me talk a bit about tonight's entertainment.

The first to perform was Hot Shell Ray with their new hit, Tonight, Tonight. Now let me see...we've had the heavy metal and rap, and now what? The group sounded tame by today's standards. No cursing in the song, no screaming, understandable lyrics. Are we going back in time? lol

Then, and I have to say this, "IN YOUR FACE PIERS MORGAN!" When Traces came on stage, I was like, hey, guy making me dizzy going round and round in hula hoop. Actually, it started off pretty boring and if they were an act auditioning, Piers would have buzzed 'em real quick. But when the other members of the troupe came on stage, the action began. And OMG! Piers????? How dare they perform some male pole dancing! Excuse me? What you say? "America's not ready for male pole dancers?" Hmmmm?

All right, I made a mistake in last night's blog. (which by the way, didn't come up in search engines. Thank you Blogspot) Tonight wasn't too unexpected though, as far as I was concerned.

When The Ropers, Thomas John and Silhouettes were called on stage I wasn't at all anxious or sweating it. Obviously, there is only one real talent and that is Silhouettes.

The second three acts called were Steven Retchless, Geechy Guy and Attack Dance Crew. This wasn't even iffy. Well okay a bit iffy, because I wasn't sure America was ready for a male pole dancer, even though his performance far out shined the other two acts. America done good, though, and Steven Retchless, much to Piers's dismay, is heading for the semi finals.

Here was my mistake last night. I chose Daniel Joseph Baker and Dani Shay to move on so, when the two of them, along with Dylan Andre were called, I was like...HUH? Pardon my mistake, I forgot about the Smage Brothers. And if I had to choose between Daniel Joseph Baker and Dani Shay, although I think they're both deserving, it would have to be Daniel Joseph Baker - and yeah, he got America's vote. His "Thank you, America, for letting me be myself," pulled at my heart strings.

Last week, I don't remember the judges having a say in the acts, but this week they did. The next three acts called on stage were Smage Bros., Landon Swank and Mona Lisa. I didn't think Mona Lisa would make it, but America loves magic and so do the judges. This was the first tense moment for me.

When Sharon picked Smage Bros and Piers picked Landon Swank, it was up to Howie. He liked both the acts almost equally, but he went with the most exciting and chose the Smage Bros. woohoo! I would have too. Good choice, Howie.I think we all hope the non-brother, brother doesn't get injured.

Now, hopefully, the search engines will pick this up and y'all can read it. Readership didn't fall off too much, but every 100 counts to me.

6 comments:

avilo said...

wooo, this one i finally watched with you, and yeah, was pretty sure the ones you said would go through.

the pole dancer guy seemed good, the smudgin bros too. though i liked the magician and his sidekick *grins*

eh, dunno how you got much dizzier, you're already dizzy blonde ahhahah, and nice red text miss angry.

nice review, i give you a gold star, you write good - er herm, i mean well.

Hart said...

You crack me up! When I saw "Smudgin Bros" I lofl!

Thanks for reading and commenting and reacting. I figured you'd like the blonde, but boohoo for you - too bad so sad, you ain't seeing her again. LOL

And I'm so not a dizzy blonde *glares

tinkerbell said...

Yeah, I think the right ones got voted to go to semis. I think Dani Shay was good, but was confused when you picked her over smaje brothers. Guess even you make mistakes. lol

Anonymous said...

Do you still view AGT a waste of time? Are you still wondering if Americas Got Talent?

Want to admit you're wrong?

Hart said...

Yes, Anon.

The finals - when they really have talent performing are great to watch, but like I said before - the dumb acts are a waste of my time.

And as far as America having talent, I believe there are some extremely talented people in the U.S., they just didn't audition for AGT. LOL

That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

luckytaz said...

We finally watched our recording of last week's acts and the results show. I think Piers is getting very arrogant and annoying with his buzzer and comments.

I agree with the viewers and the judges choices. The first three were a "no brainer", but I was very torn with the magician and motorcycle act. Enjoyed both of them.