Wednesday, July 27, 2011

America's Got Talent 7/27/11 - The Four Winners in the Quarter Finals

Tonight had to be my favorite show of the whole season - from beginning to end. How could it lose? The legendary Stevie Nicks performed, along with one of the most unique acts of last year - Fighting Gravity.

Fighting Gravity was one of my favorite acts last year, but Stevie Nicks topped them tonight; not with "For What It's Worth," a song from her newest album In Your Dreams, and not with the classic, "Edge of 17," either. She got my vote as number one performer of the night, because she announced that she hired Michael Grimm from last season to be her opening act on tour. WOOT!

But y'all are probably reading this to see who moved on to the semi finals, right? :D

It was surprising to me to see Ian Johnson, Summerwind Skippers and Purrfect Angelz all called to the stage. My first reaction was,"Huh?" Yeah, I thought America had lost their minds, until Nick said that none of 'em were going through. Another WOOT!

So, when Poplyfe and Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. (who has to shorten his name) were called on stage, I knew they were both going through, even before it was announced.

Then came four - Mauricio Herrera, Lys Agnes, Captain & Maybelle and Monet. There was no question in my mind which one of these performers were voted through.

But the last three, Professor Splash, Sh'Boss Boys and Seth Grabel? Well even last night I didn't have a clue. When the Sh'Boss Boys were voted off, it was between the two circus acts, and the judges voted for Professor Splash.

Next week will bring the last 12 performers before the semi finals. Hmmmm...I just might do a poll at that point. Maybe I should do a poll as to whether or not you'd like to see a poll? Nah! Just LOL!

5 comments:

avilo said...

I saw a lot of this episode, fighting gravity was really good from last season, though it looked sorta more of the same.

I agree with ya bout most the acts, and the lil kid group band was good, not sure what they were called.

anyways, great review of ep my love, very concise and to the point. And oh, get on yim.

Hart said...

Yeah, you feel like I do about Fighting Gravity. :)

Little kid band? Are you referring to Poplyfe? They're young but not "little kids."

Thanks, for taking the time out of your "busy" schedule to respond. It's appreciated.

mikeylikesit said...

Good write-up, as always. Sh'Boss Boys are cute and talented, but too young for Vegas.

luckytaz said...

I finally watched our recording of the Results show, and I agree with your comments. I'm just wondering on why you didn't comment on the outcome of the two circus acts. Personally, I can't believe that a man who does bellyflops into a tiny pool from great heights is a one hour Vegas act that you would pay money to see.
Stevie Nicks has always been my husband's favorite singer. Our son gave him tickets for Father's Day to see her perform in person this month. I was also glad to hear she was taking Michael Grimm on tour with her.
I find Fighting Gravity fascinating and wish them well.
I

Hart said...

Thanks for your comments, LuckyTaz.

If you read the post regarding the previous night, you'll see that I did comment on the circus acts. I do very little commenting about the result shows. It's kinda after the fact, so why waste my time. lol

Yeah, Stevie Nicks is awesome and I bet seeing her perform in person is even better. Leather and Lace is one of my favorite classics.