Sunday, June 26, 2011

Avilo Strikes Again at It's Gosu LAN in Virginia

Okay, question...What's more fun than a DC area LAN event? Duh! It's a DC LAN event hosted by It's Gosu.

Ayesee and Redmajejr (listed in alphabetical order) were kind of not on their mark in the humor department at yesterday's LAN, but you have to take into consideration the fact that that Irishman, Murphy, was yanking their chains for the major part of the event. Yep, what could go wrong, went wrong. They had problems with the bandwidth and then xSplit decided to mess with 'em. There was bad audio, there was no audio, and there was interrupted streaming. Despite all the mishaps, it was a fun night.

The people in chat - and I do mean the majority - are fun. And for once I wasn't the only girl. WooHoo! Thanks for hanging out in chat, Foxey.

Luckyfool, who didn't enter this tournament, due to "previous commitments" accused me of acting silly, (should have been sillier than usual) but it's me being the consummate entertainer. If there's no video, Ayesee and Redmaje offer the comic relief like pros, but if there's no audio people can't hear ya being funny. So, I did my best to save the day.

Fortunately, I didn't have go it alone. Chatters, like Rhonlore, Thorfan and Shakemaster, to name a few, were all too willing to help me out and because of them, It's Gosu didn't lose one viewer and even gained some. :D

Before I get into the details of the It's AVILO event, I have to say to anyone who has yet to experience the casting expertise and humor of Ayesee and Redmaje, or isn't familiar with It's Gosu, do yourselves a favor and tune in sometime. I promise you, you'll have a great time. http://www.itsgosu.com/

Okay, so it was a big disappointment that Luckyfool couldn't attend, but he assured me that he's preparing to take Avilo down at the next event. According to him, he's been studying Avilo's games from his MLG loss and the Starcraft league from North America (whose name I shall not mention, because it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth).

OMG! If Luckyfool ever wins v Avilo, I think his system might go into shock and paramedics better be on hand to resuscitate the man.

It did prove to be Avilo's night again. The only gamer, who beat him one game, in a BO3 was Deceive. When Avilo hits the DC LAN events, he becomes a total beast. He took down Cryptic 2-0 and then went on to destroy Anfield, a pretty good Protoss player, 3-0 in a BO5, sans nukes.

Of course, when Avilo's games are cast, my whole body tenses and I'm unable to breathe. Now anyone who knows Avilo, knows that his games can be long at times; therefore any silliness I'm accused of displaying can be blamed on lack of oxygen to my brain. :D

When Avilo played Anfield he came close to losing one game and anyone else might have GGd, but not Avilo. He has a way of turning games around sometimes that simply amazes me. Of course, he probably doesn't think he's ever losing.

The next BO5 was v Revillusion another Terran, who took home first place when Avilo couldn't make one of the DC LANs due to graduation. Revillusion was out for blood, but it was Avilo's win, 3-0.

Viewers sat patiently waiting for the losers bracket to complete their games to see who Avilo would have to play in the finals.

Revillusion v Hex, a zerg, were ftw, but I'm sure Revillusion was determined to win so that he could face Avilo again in the finals. So, he beat Hex and after a short break, it was Revillusion v Avilo, once again.

Unfortunately, Murphy decided it was time to rear his ugly head once more with technical issues and viewers were left without audio during the final TvT BO5. Shakemaster volunteered to cast via chat type, but Jack grabbed hold of him, rendering his brain to finger coordination dysfunctional, and cast typing was left to me. :D

I began with all the intricate details: "There's this Terran building stuff and on the other side of the map is another Terran building stuff and they both wanna kill each other, so they're gonna sneak around and see what's going on in each other's bases with the stuffs they built. Rut roh - one of the Terrans is sending Gouda and Swiss toward the other..." I think Redmaje stopped me at that point. I know, don't quit my day job. LOFL

Needless to say, Avilo remains the Starcraft champ in the DC area with a 3-0 win over Revillusion. I think this is Avilo's 7th straight DC win. Now, if I were one of guys competing, I'd suggest to the other guys that we pool our money and give it to Avilo to stay home. hehe.

It was a long, long day and I have to give credit to all the competitors, and of course, to the casters, who couldn't just leave afterwards, because they still had to break down and pack up all the equipment. LOL! "Break Down" is kind of a funny choice of words there.

As I see it, without the mishaps, It's Gosu is one of the better streams around. If, in between games, they'd pan Cyberground like Ipp does, it would make it more interesting to viewers. The only other thing that could possibly make It's Gosu better is signing Avilo. :D

Anyway, as it stands, Avilo is still the undefeated champion of the DC Starcraft community with Revillusion coming in second and Hex, third. Good Job, y'all. And thanks to all of those, who put this event together and are dedicated to making eSports the biggest thing in NA since baseball...or basketball...maybe tennis - how about, more popular than apple pie?

A great big thanks to:

It's Gosu and their newest sponsor, Steel Series
Lucky Fool for coordinating the event
Torenhire for keeping the brackets up do date
Ayesee and Redmaje for casting
Cyberground Technical Assistance...ummm okay *shrugs and laughs*
To the guys in chat, for keeping it fun
and to my Avilo for making me proud, as usual.

3 comments:

mikeylikesit said...

Avilo should kissing your butt for how you support him and all the free publicity you give him, don't you think? :D

Sounds like you guys have fun in DC.

grats to avilo for another DC win.

Anonymous said...

I never heard of Starcraft before I started reading your blog. Sounds fun, but serious.

I enjoy reading your blogs, but mostly read the AGT ones.

Anonymous said...

it was a great lan :) and awesome write up and ty for the support miss talks in chat a lot ♥ u know i love you :)! i like the title too, sounds star wars-ish lol.