Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dancing with the Stars - Week Eights Elimination

When it comes down to the final week before the semi-finals, it's sad to see any of the contestants go home. They've all worked hard with their eye on the mirror ball trophy, but it can only go to one.

Tonight's elimination left me with mixed emotions. Romeo and Chelsie, and Ralph and Karina stood awaiting their fate. Both couples looked as if they were facing a firing squad.

Obviously, Ralph had a rough night last night, due to an injury, but most of his performances were great; if not technically exact, the majority were sold with the finesse of a skilled actor.

Romeo, on the other hand, didn't know squat about dancing. Like I've said before, he spells Ballroom - R A P. He knew nothing about it. But even less than I imagined. He didn't go to his senior prom, because he couldn't dance. He didn't want to look like a fool. He proved to himself and others that he could dance and last night he gave one of his best performances.

Appearing on DWTS, meant he really had to put himself, his ego, out there and for that I give him credit. He grew tremendously and I thoroughly enjoyed last night's performance. But the fans have spoken and tonight he went home. :(

He wished to be an inspiration to all the kids out there. Overcome your fears, like he did. Conquer them, because "Fear is the mind killer." That one's for you Avilo. lol

Speaking of inspiration, I literally got choked up when the three boys, (won't even try to write out their names) whose dad died way too early, took the dance floor and performed in a way to make their dad proud. They were awesome and their story, heartrending.

As a matter of fact, all the talent tonight was exceptional. Of course, sitting in with the three on Dance Center just...what can I say? They're so stupid, they're funny.

It was a good show all the way around and I'm really looking forward to the semi-finals.

*grrrrr @ Blogspot. It won't let me correct title. Then it did and now it's reverted to the original title again - all by itself. It should be Elimination - Week 8.

2 comments:

mikeylikesit said...

Enjoy the writing. Like dancing with the stars. Never played StarCraft. And from what you've written, probably never would. Mean and dumb little sobs.

The last post I left was anon, because I can't get this to work. Hope it works this time. I became a follower. Maybe that will help.

If not, hi! I'm Michael and I do like your writing. You make me laugh and think.

I'm sure Kirstie is the next to go.

Hart said...

Hi, Michael. Thanks for becoming a follower and thanks for the comment. Glad to see it worked this time.

I'd be surprised to see Chelsea go, as I would be surprised to see Hines get the ax. Kirstie is a fan fave and hopefully Ralph will recover from his injury and step up his game.

Frankly, I was shocked that Romeo was sent home. *shrugs*

Like I said before it's neck and neck and we'll see what happens next week before I make any predictions.

Thanks again for becoming a follower and thanks for leaving the comment. They're always appreciated.