Monday, May 9, 2011

Dancing with the Stars 2011 - Week Eight

What has this season of DWTS had that other seasons haven't? Come on guess! Maybe if I put it the other way around guessing will be easier. What have other seasons had that this season hasn't? Okay...Okay, I tell ya. Tens.

This season was about unprofessional dancers, learning to dance, and it's been absolutely refreshing for me. There wasn't a lot of drama, there wasn't a lot of temper tantrums - although tonight for the first time this season, Maks a threw a bit of a fit in rehearsal, but mostly, he and Kirstie are just suited personality-wise.

And I take back everything I said about her last week. Whilst I don't think she's grown that much, despite what Maks says, tonight her Argentine Tango was sizzling hot. I'm mesmerized by her and I'm not sure if it's her personality or me waiting for something to go wrong.

When Maks threw her over his head and walked down the stairs with her in that position, I was like, omg not only does that man strike me as being protective of his women, but daaaaaayummm he's strong!!!!!!!!. I don't know how much weight Kirstie has lost, but she's not down to feather weight, and yet he sure made it look like she is.

Tonight was "Instant Dance" night in addition to the regular dance and Kirstie and Maks did a traditional Salsa, which was not bad, but nothing to rave about. Len loved it, because it was "traditional" and kinda sorta said that we're getting too used to seeing the non-traditional Salsa performed. Can't please everyone.

I did, however, agree with Len twice tonight and that just scares me. After Hines and Kym performed their first number Len mentioned something about Hines' feet. Whilst I was watching his Fox Trot, I thought to myself, "Are you being kinda heavy on your feet, Hines?"

Don't get me wrong, I still think he's one of the best dancers on this season, but for some reason, I didn't care too much for his Fox Trot from the waist down - and yeah, I do have a tendency to focus on his bottom half - the feet. mmhmm. lol

The Jive he performed in the "Instant Dance" was excellent, though. I mean considering these people rehearse sans music and have no idea what music they'll be dancing to until shortly before they go on, ya gotta give em credit.

Chelsea and Mark were brilliant as always and she just might win the sparkly ball. They performed an emotional Waltz that drew me into the moment and left me with goose bumps. It earned them the first two tens of the season. Guess which judge disagreed?

They're Salsa was fun and energetic, and again for just having heard the music for the first time minutes before, they did a fantastic job.

As I watched Romeo and Chelsie rehearse the Tango, I thought...ummm...nah he won't be able to pull off such an intense dance. But omg, it was amazing! He had both the feel and the moves. He dominated Chelsie around the stage and did so with elegance. It was pretty hot, actually. And how could he possibly go wrong with the Salsa for their Instant Dance? Carrie Ann wasn't that impressed, but I thought it deserved more than the eight she gave them.

The dancer that has my sympathy is Ralph. Every season has to have an injury and this season he's the one who was hit. Nevertheless, when he and Karina did this dramatic Waltz that was oh so sexah and vampire-ish in ways, my tongue was hanging out. If he was my hubby, you better believe I'd be thinking...yeah, send him home tomorrow night and tell him to wear exactly what he was wearing, make-up and all, cuz I'm burning hot and ready for action.

Unfortunately, his injury caused him to fail miserably in the ChaCha. :(

The combined totals after tonight's show are:

Chelsea and Mark 55
Hines and Kym 54
Kirstie and Maks 53
Romeo and Chelsie 52
Ralph and Karina 46 *weeps a little

I'm guessing Ralph is going home, so have fun wifey. :D

Who Do You Think Is Going Home?
Chelsea and Mark
Hines and Kym
Romeo and Chelsie
Ralph and Karina
Kirstie and Maks
  
pollcode.com free polls

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, Lucky Taz is soooo tired of Len criticizing Mark and Chelsea. I think they're doing an amazing job, and I can see them taking the mirror ball home.

For some reason, I just don't agree about how great Hines is dancing. I thought he didn't deserve the 10 that Bruno gave him last night. I thought Romeo showed a lot more emotion than Hines and did a better job dancing.

I was blown away by Max lifting Kirstie, not once, but twice. I was totally impressed with their dancing last nite.

I feel so bad for Ralph. He's been dancing so well, and he's such a great guy. I have certainly enjoyed watching him this season, but I'm afraid he's going home. Unless, as Donny Osmond noted this morning, Ralph may just pull himself out of the competition due to injury. He felt if that happens, Romeo will go home.

It's getting to that part of the season where I hate to see anyone go home, but someone has to win and someone has to lose.

Hart said...

I agree with you about Len. He's so old school dance, it's beyond his comprehension that a pro dancer can think outside the box.

Tend to agree with you, too, about Hines not deserving the 10, but oh well. In my opinion, (except for the heavy feet Monday night) he's been one of the best all around dancers. If he's not in the finals, I'd be surprised.

Yep, it's getting to that point in the contest where it hurts to see people go home :(

Mirror ball, Mirror ball
To whom will you go?
To the fan faves
Or the best in the show?

Guess we should vote
And use every call
So our favorite dancer
Does not take a fall. ♥

Anonymous said...

Avilo says:

well, kirstie n maks are fan favs, and yeah, it's cool when there aren't friggin ringers like some seasons there's one's that come on with dance experience and you're like "LOL THEY'RE GONNA WIN OBVIOUSLY."

ur bad for staring at Hines's "feet." *angry face*

and hmmm...ya, figures that Len guy likes the old fashioned salsa lofl, i called the 9 on that one from him, and the others only gave 8's lol.

i think ralph and karina are going home, the karate kid has lost his appeal of being some awesome dancer, now he just seems boring imo. and i think the others are a lot better/have improved more, so looks like ralph gonna be wax on, waxed off of the show.

Anonymous said...

Avilo says:

And yes, I know ralph was injured, but for some reason I still find his dances not so exciting as the other dancers dances and such.

i think my favorite is chelsie...er herm...i mean maks/kirstie because they are funny :D and underdogs.

Hart said...

Finally able to publish you comments and LOL you were wrong. Ralph didn't get the ax. Of course all the voters were wrong. But Ralph is one heck of a showman and he CAN dance and is NOT boring like you said.

As far as Chelsie - I keep telling you she's the pro. *rolls eyes* Me thinks she's your fave for other reasons. hehehe

Poor Avilo won't be able to see her anymore. :( I send you pictures and you can blow them up and hang them on your wall and drool. ROFLMAO.