Sunday, May 8, 2011

Army Wives - Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Correction: I inadvertently coupled Claudia Joy and Col. Sherwood. Oops. Thanks to a viewer for spotting my error and also for the great alliteration. Henceforth, if the writer's want to spice it up with "husband swapping, I'll leave it to them.. lol

Okay, so I know Army Wives is a TV show and at times actors aren't satisfied with their new contracts, or they get a better deal on another show. I mean that's why Jeremy was killed off, right? But I hate when they turn "good" guys bad. And that's what they're doing with Roxy's hubby, Tevor. He was one of the nicest guys on the show. Suddenly he's totally unreasonable.

Granted, he was in Iraq and got news that Fin's (Roxy's son) dad stayed overnight at their house. Granted, he was against Roxy building a truck stop. Granted, she went ahead and did it anyway. Granted she hired Fin's dad for the project and never told Trevor. Ummm....guess he has a reason to be pissed. But it's all about trust.

Similar situations and two very different reactions on tonight's show.

Claudia Joy's boss in a celebratory moment hugged her and kissed her - on the lips. Oops. When Claudia Joy asked Denise, her best friend, if she should tell her hubby, Denise advised her to not say anything. "But we don't have secrets." Hmmmm? All right, dope, tell him. She said she wasn't going to, but I knew she would. And that's exactly what she did.

He was quiet, but CJ told him she'd quit, if he wanted her to. He went for a walk, leaving Claudia Joy to wonder if their many years of marriage and trust meant nothing. What he did was confront her boss. Not like Trevor confronted Wit, with a punch in the jaw. Not in a rage like Trevor did in the Hump Bar in front of all the customers, accusing his wife of something that never happened. Nope, Col. Sherwood, gentleman that he is, marched into the office, told the boss he knew what happened and said, "I trust my wife, I don't trust you. And if it ever happens again, you won't see me coming." Wow!

At least Pamela didn't have any decisions to make this week. Now that she's back with her bad husband, turned good, what more can happen with them? Don't tell me they're all gonna be written out of the script. Nah!

The decision that's been weighing on Roland and Joan Burton is whether or not they should adopt. When the decision was finally made, the writers were clever (and all too obvious) and threw a drug addicted mom with a kid, who just happened to think the world of Dr. Burton.

No problem. They are the Burton's - a great family. What agency, who has a million kids in foster care, wouldn't want them to foster this little boy? One problem, the mom is a patient of Dr. Burton's. Aha! Conflict of interest. Okay okay... I can see the courts pov. Later, down the line, the mom comes back and tells the courts that Roland schemed for her to fail so he could steal her kid. Farfetched, but I guess possible.

There's no doubt in my mind that since the Burton's saw all the foster kids in need of a home, that they're going to adopt all of them. lol Joking, of course.

Alls I can say is, I hate decisions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Col. Sherwood would have beaten the guy to a pulp. It was General Holden, CJ's husband, who confronted the loose lips lawer, Harry Hamlin.

Hart said...

Oops...you're right, of course about the character. I don't know why I said Sherwood. *shrugs

Thanks for correcting me. :)

But do you really think Sherwood would have "Beaten the guy to a pulp?"

Anonymous said...

Sherwood would not have beaten the "lose lipped lawyer" to a pulp, because Denise would have never told him about the incident.

If she did, he might have.