Wednesday, April 13, 2011

VT Gaming Enlists Two New Players

The other day, the manager of VT Gaming told avilo he was in. I was with him at the time and I can't express how thrilled he was. I am happy for him, because this is what he's worked for. I'm happy too that the people at VT had the good sense to make a wise decision. Avilo will definitely be an asset to their team.

Another player they enlisted is a zerg, Mr. Bitter. I had never heard of him before now, but that's not saying much because there's a lot of players of which I haven't heard.

There will always be posters on TeamLiquid that disagree with decisions other people make, VT's decision to enlist avilo is no exception. Mostly, there were congratulatory posts. Those that either aren't familiar with avilo, or just don't like him, were kind enough to send congrats to Mr. Bitter alone. Those, who are avilo haters, of course, had to have their say. And one idiot even had the audacity to mention vote hacking, perpetuating the NASL lies. I took avilo's advise and overlooked their ignorance.

Okay, so I was rooting for avilo to make this team and was as happy as he was when he got in. I'm pretty sure that not everyone on the team liked him, but the majority did and avilo has a way of burrowing into ones heart, so because most of the team members had no problem with him, he made the team.

There have been times when avilo would do or say something on TeamLiquid or GamerReplay so outrageous that I'd tell him, "No wonder people hate you for crying out loud!" Nevertheless, I supported and defended him. Behind closed doors, however, I'd criticize his - at times - immature behavior and tell him he needed a better command of the English language. "You can actually get your point across without using the 'eff' word in every other sentence." 

I defended him when he raged about Zerg being imba and asked him not to post anymore YouTube rants before consulting me. LOL "Your damn shirt was wrinkled!" I kept telling him that Zerg is only imba because "You have that embedded in your subconscious. Get over it. Find a way around it. You're a good player, you can do it. Stop whining and start winning."

Again and again, I reminded him that in order to get what you want, you have to play the game. I'm not talking about Starcraft now, but life. Isn't life really a game we all play? We want something, we go after it. But in my opinion, he was going after it the wrong way. He kept telling me that I don't get it. I don't understand gamers.  I kept telling him, I understand what I see. I understand human nature.

Avilo gained the reputation of being bad mannered in game and on the forums, but I've always questioned that. He refused to GG (like a handshake after a tennis match) if the game wasn't played well by the opponent. Does that make him bad mannered? I don't think so! There are much worse mannered players in game and on forums. There's a whole thread in TL about it, and I didn't even see Avilo mentioned in the 28 pages of examples.Besides, most of his posts were to intentionally bait people and when they were dumb enough to bite, he'd sit back and have a good laugh.

Avilo has firm convictions and he adheres to them, despite the opinions of others. He fights for what he believes to be right and I can only hope he continues to do so and that VT is a team that respects his fighting spirit as much as he respects the team of which he is now a part.

I wish avilo, Mr. Bitter and VT Gaming much success.

No comments: