Thursday, April 14, 2011

Avilo Proves That VT Gaming Made a Great Choice

Tonight, Hypercrew streamed another "Clash for the Cache" only this time I took particular interest in the match. VTAvilo vs tQstate - TvP!

The TeamLiquid forums were abuzz and the poll showed 68% in favor of tQstate. But I knew, even when Zyori, from Hypercrew, posted "Poor avilo" that he would win this bo7, just didn't know how quickly.

Even the players in DC were voting against avilo. :( But avilo has a team now and it's good for his morale, they supported him and today avilo got to practice a bit with a Protoss and team member, VTdesrow.

The fact is that avilo has worked hard and long to prove himself. I, of course, always believed in him and always will. I think this is gonna be the start of something big.

Congrats VTavilo :) You done good and like I said in TL post, you left the disbelievers with they're jaw dropped to the floor. Well, hell, you left me in disbelief as well. I knew you'd take State, but 4-0?

Next week they're matching avilo up with a Zerg. @_@

If you ever get a chance to watch the Hypercrew "Clash for the Cache" it's streamed on Thursdays at 8 p.m. est. http://www.hypercrew.com/live.php (P.S. They need sponsors)

The casters are Zyori and Janitor "I know how to use my inside voice at LANs" and they do a great job. Even the chat room, moderated by Luckyfool, who also voted against avilo, was mannered. WOW! Wonders never cease.

1 comment:

Hart said...

The following week's Clash for the Cache pitted Avilo against a Zerg, EGStrifecro, just as I thought.

The BO7 ended 4-2 Strifcro. And as far as I'm concerned the maps - at least the majority of them - were Zerg favored maps. I won't say Zerg is imbalanced though. lol

One of the maps, taldarim altar, apparently, has more than one version. Avilo prepared for the one with the cliffs, only to his surprise, when he got to that part of the map, there weren't any cliffs. Rut roh, the wrong version. Seems to me somone at Hypercrew would tell the players which maps they're using when there's multiple versions.

His whole build and strategy was based on the map with the cliffs so, naturally, he lost that game.

TvZ is definitely his worse match-up, but he and I both had high hopes that he'd take Strifecro. Even VTGaming's manager supported him and believed he'd win. But maybe that's just part of their job.

Lately, Avilo seems to be in a slump. It happens to all players - the best of players. I just hope he gets out of it before the MLG competitions in June.

Of course he always does better in the LAN tournaments for some reason.

I'm still his number one fan girl and will continue to root for him, because I know he's good. And he is gonna win DCLan for the sixth time straight! lol

gOgOgO Avilo!