Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Petra is Gone????

For the second time in less than seven days, I was locked in a closet due to severe weather, including funnel clouds and hail the size of tennis balls in places. The channel that airs Dancing with the Stars was interrupted by the emergency Weather Watch people. Just when I thought it was safe to leave the closet for much needed oxygen, the station reported another storm brewing 40 miles south of here, heading in my direction.

When everything settled down, I returned to my office to learn that Petra was eliminated. Only one of my readers guessed right. But how unfair was last night's elimination? I watched a recap today and agreed, once again, with Len, who basically said, it's outrageous to see Chris and Petra standing there waiting for the final results.

Whilst I was never a big fan of Petra, she's not the one that should have been eliminated. I actually had flashbacks of Kate Gosselin and her stint on the show.

Wtf is wrong with people? How could they possibly choose Kendra over Chris? Even over Petra?

Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed in the results, but happy that I wasn't blown into oblivion and have the chance to watch yet another DWTS - oops, maybe I spoke too soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey cuz, did you have your shiny red shoes in the closet with you so you could get back home in case a tornado swept you away?
Seriously, I still say DWTS needs to give more weight to the judges scores so it's not just a popularity contest. All too often the great dancers are eliminated because they are not as popular. Keeping Cloris Leachman comes to mind, and of course the winey mother of 8.

Hart said...

lol...I was thinking bout the red shoes as I suffocated in the closet. I tried to keep calm, but having suffered from the tornado that struck here two years ago, I couldn't help but think of all the people that still were homeless and streets that would never look the same again.

Another thing that came to mind is that our soldiers live through this same life and death experience every day. I don't know how they do it.

I totally agree about dwts. And whilst Cloris was around for comic relief, it's a dancing show and people should have voted her off long before they did. *sighs