Monday, April 18, 2011

Dancing with the Stars - The Halfway Mark

Americana Week? Of course, what could be more American than the Samba?

Poor Ralph doing the Samba to Sweet Home Alabama was challenging to say the least. Frankly, I think the judges are too hard on him. I have no idea who picks the music, but if Karina did, she was too hard on herself.

Ralph is entertaining as all get out in my opinion, but it didn't resemble a Samba to me. His 8-7-7 scores were a slap in the face though.

When Chris and Cheryl waltzed around the dance floor, I was totally impressed. Chris definitely has what it takes and never lets me down. I was thrilled with his 9-8-9 scores and feel that he's a contender. Yes, CarrieAnn, the judges have been underestimating him.

Who they haven't been underestimating and should is Petra. She stumbled a few times when she performed the Quick Step, but I feel Dimitry really challenged her with some aggressive choreography that ended up being not too spectacular. Bruno always seems to give those blonds higher than deserved scores. The sevens from Len and CarrieAnn were more appropriate than Bruno's eight.

While I wasn't (and haven't been) that impressed with Romeo, I suppose one has to take into consideration his age and the genre of music to which he's accustomed. His Foxtrot to New York, New York scored way too high for me. 9-8-9. I seldom agree with Len, but this time I do.

Now comes my man, and I do believe he's going to make it to the top three. He looked, like Bruno said, "An Officer and a Gentleman" and swept Kim around the dance floor with elegance and ease. The judges awarded him with the highest scores of the night; 9-9-9.

I couldn't wait to see what malfunction would present itself for Kirstie and Maks tonight when they danced the Foxtrot to American Woman. Watching the two of them interact just tickles me, but when John "Dance Instructor" Travolta joined them in rehearsal, I laughed out loud. "Did you tell her you love her?" Maks told John "Only in Russian." Maks and Kirstie, despite mishaps have so much fun together that it's refreshing. Of course Len had to ruin their efforts with a seven, but the other two gave them the eight they deserved.

And for the 1000th dance on DWTS, who do we get? Boohoo I can be "F**king elegant." mmmhmm. Okay, so last week she was overly sensitive because she had her "period." She and her partner danced the Foxtrot to Yankee Doodle Dandy and frankly it was her best dance to date. I didn't, however, see much more of a Foxtrot than I saw Ralph's Samba. So, one dance she performs well and basks in the glory of "You weren't that bad this week." 8-7-7 - go home.

Chelsea and Mark's Samba to Miley's "Party in the U.S.A." was fun to watch, but then the couple never let me down as far as being entertaining. I love the choreography and Chelsea pulls it off well. She'll definitely make it to the finals. 9-8-9.

So, who's going home tomorrow night? Please please please, Kendra.

Who Do You Think Should Go Home?
Ralph and Karina
Chris and Cheryl
Petra and Dimitry
Hines and Kim
Romeo and Chelsie
Kirstie and Maks
KENDRA and Louie
Chelea and Mark
  
pollcode.com free polls

2 comments:

avilo said...

u know missy, i was gonna vote kendra, but you subliminally programmed me too anyways eh? her name is in all capital letters. you're a tricky one! lol

and yeah...disney chelsea or football guy are gonna win. well, both of em will be in the finals.

Anonymous said...

Lucky Taz really wants Kendra to leave the dance floor because she is obnoxious, but I feel she danced a little better than Petra last night.
I so agree that the judges are too hard on Ralph. I think he's doing very good.
I can't believe the difference in Max this season. He's actually enjoyable to watch, but I'm still trying to figure out what his tatoo is. I loved seeing John Travolta last night. He's such a great guy.
I am really enjoying this season so far. There are so many great dancers that I think it's going to be a very interesting ending.