Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I Missed Dancing with the Stars Monday Night...

But I'm alive to tell about it. Still,this is the way I feel :( Not only because I was unable to watch Dancing with the Stars, which amounts to nothing when it boils down to it, but because I spent most of the day and night in the closet again.

Considering that seven tornadoes and flash floods threatened our state last night, our town didn't see too much damage. We experienced high winds, rising waters from torrential rains, cacophonous rumblings of thunder and "omg that's too close for comfort" lightning. We were left without internet access, no service for cell phones, and no long distance calls via landline phones. Dancing with the Stars was interrupted, just like last Tuesday, by Storm Watch.

Throughout the state there were many fatalities and people who lost their homes so, I consider myself lucky. However, later tonight, (probably just in time for Dancing with the Stars)according to the weather service, storms producing tornadoes will once again sweep this state.

It was reported the tornado that touched down in Vilonia was not a twister, but a wall cloud *shrugs* three miles wide. It took everything in its sight for 15 miles.

I'm not from this part of the country; I've never experienced anything like this before, and I'll tell ya, it's damn scary. When I'm standing in the closet feeling totally helpless; trembling, light-headed, my heart racing knowing that I have absolutely no control over what might happen, I realize that the only thing in life that's important is life itself.

If I make it through tonight, I'll see y'all tomorrow. Of course, I'll put on my red shoes like my cousin suggested so if I am blown away I can find my way home. lol If not, I'll leave you with this: Tell your loved ones just how much they mean to you, because their lives, your life can be taken in a "blink of an eye." Of this we have no control.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky Taz agrees .... life can be taken away or drastically changed in the blink of an eye.
I'm so sorry you missed dancing, but I'm glad you're safe. It was an excellent show, and I hope you get to catch it on the internet.
Unfortunately, Chris and Cheryl got the lowest score. He was just "off" last night, but WOW, all the others were certainly "ON". As I've said before, this is an extremely interesting season.
I thought of you when I heard the news. Keep safe and keep those shoes handy. This has certainly been a bad weather season so far.