Saturday, March 19, 2011

Strictly Avilo - Terranman - Master of Mech

Thus far there's been several LAN tournaments at Cyberground, Fairfax, Va., that Avilo has entered. Some hosted by Hypercrew and some by DCLan. I'm pretty certain that Avilo has won five or six of them in a row now. Not to mention that he took second in the collegiate tournament in DC.

Tonight was another win for him.Yeah, he did his Bob the Builder build v Zerg, but whatever it takes to win, right? What amazed even the casters was that he finished a TvT in less then seven minutes.Okay, that's laugh out loud funny, because Mr. Terranman, Master of Mech, Avilo is known for turtling and thus causing excruciatingly long TvT games that impatient opponents cry about. What? What's that you say? Players other than Avilo whine? lol 

I just watched a replay of LzGamer v Avilo posted on his stream - and yeah, Gamer whined. "I'd rather lose the game than sit here wasting my time." One excuse is as good as another, I guess. Whatever!

Anyway, the DC LANs are great fun and the casters were awesome, as usual. Ipp from RageQuit TV, who has stated that Avilo is a "great player," commentated along with Janitor and Zyori from Hypercrew.

What really made the final games fun, was that in the semis Avilo faced off with Maestro - both Terran. But after Maestro lost the first two in a best of 5, he switched to Zerg in the third game figuring that that match would be Avilo's weakest. I know Avilo doesn't like playing Zerg, but in my opinion Protoss is his weakest.

Okay, I have to admit, Arkansassy had her fingers crossed, but Avilo finished up the game fast. He then moved  to the finals, where he faced Luckyfool, who not only organizes the DCLan, but is friendly with Avilo. Another TvT match.

But wait! What? After Avilo won the first two, Luckyfool switched to Protoss. OMG! I'm laughing now, but wasn't as I watched. Luckyfool knows Avilo's weakness is Protoss and guess because it was Luckyfool's birthday he wanted to celebrate with a win.

Something tells me that players in the DC area think they can't beat Avilo's Terran and they switch races? Luckyfool is an awesome Terran player and I don't think he should have switched, but oh well. Certainly now he'd win for sure. He came close a few times, but somehow Avilo, who's been trying different strats and builds to overpower Protoss, came out the victor.

Some Starcrafters like to throw insults at Avilo and tell him he sucks as a player. To those players all I can say is suck on this. Avilo is a winner! :)

No comments: