Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dancing with the Stars - First Elimination

How many of y'all were surprised that Mike got the boot? I called it. *grins from ear to ear* Of course I liked Mike for his great sense of humor and he didn't say good-bye without leaving the audience laughing. When asked how it feels to be included with such names as Hasselhoff  in first eliminated, Mike said with a smile, "I feel like I'm on the Mt. Rushmore of terrible dancers." Yeah, I liked him.

Guess Wendy, who's trying to prove she's not a man in drag by belching louder than a couch potato, beer guzzling hubby, and Sugar Ray, are going to have to step it up a bit.

What made me laugh most is a friend called during the show and said, "So, who's gonna win?" Apparently, I haven't been wrong in all these years. "You always pick the winner right from the start." Well, yeah, I'm good at picking winners, except in the last TSL Starcraft Tournament. I dropped down to 30%. :( Okay, I digress.

Elimination sucks, but someone had to go home. As far as picking winners, I'd say this season is the most balanced in terms of contestants. (Yeah, okay...I said that in a previous post, but it is.) No one is awful and no one has reached the standard of professional hoofer, although Hines did come close with his quick step.

For you other critics out there, just keep in mind how really difficult ballroom dancing is. If it looks easy, then the dancers are doing their jobs.

And speaking of dancers, the DWTS Troupe was introduced tonight. I'm just glad they didn't pair up the brother and sister. Dancing is so intimate and sensual that I'd be like ewwwww when I'd watch Derek Hough and his sister, Julianne, dance together.

At this very moment I feel like putting on my dancing shoes and kicking my heels. I would, but unfortunately, I can only dance to the fantastic DWTS band. :D...and if you bought that, then you bought life and other fantasies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky Taz wants to know if you're not going to pick a winner yet for this season?
It certainly wasn't a surprise that Mike was eliminated. He has a great personality, but a dancer he is not. I did appreciate his graciousness and humor in losing.
Right now I think Ralph and Kristie are frontrunners, but things can certainly change.
I don't think brothers and sisters do the intimate dances together.

Hart said...

LOL! I see you still have to post anonymously.

I might pick after tomorrow night's show.

And how dare you slander KIRSTIE'S name by misspelling it? lol

Did you ever see Derrek and Julianne dance together? hmmmm?