Wednesday, September 7, 2011

America's Got Talent - The Results and Only Four are Left

First, I have to say, I'm amazed that through all those dumb, stupid acts the final 10 displayed talent. I can't imagine getting so close - like one step away from the finals - and going home.

When Smage Bros. were called on stage, along with iLuminate, I was hopeful, even though I knew America voted for iLuminate. I'm not sure where the Smage Bros. will take their motorcycle act, but I'm sure America will hear more of them.

Whilst I enjoy iLuminate's talents, I'll be disappointed if they go all the way. Even though Howie considers them to be the "Second most fun I have in the dark."

I wonder how much influence the judges have on the voting? Last night they weren't thrilled with Miami All Stars, and only Piers raved about Lys Agnes. Neither of them went through and I wonder if the judges' critique had an impact?

Lys stood, tears welled in her eyes, as if she foresaw her forthcoming fate in some crystal ball. She was kicking herself for taking a risk, but shouldn't. Her future doesn't lie in the hands of this show and she will undoubtedly realize a successful career in the industry.

As for Miami All Stars - oh my, ya gotta love 'em. The leader of the pack gave the most exquisite thank you in his Lantino accent that it choked me up a bit.

With only a 1% difference in the votes, Poplyfe and Landon Swank took the stage next. Magicians have never seen the final 10 so, it was unlikely America voted for him, even though he's talented. Poplyfe, of course, is my favorite. I just love the sincere sweetness that radiates from the lead singer. There were no mixed emotions here. If one of them made it, it had to be Poplyfe for me. And it was :D

I lost track of who was still standing during the "entertainment" part of the show. Nick, the skit wasn't funny. Not blaming you, but the writers, obviously. And Howie, seeing bare skin on your head is, frankly, enough. America isn't ready for the Full Monty.

Much more impressive was Il Divo, the classical cross-over quartet, who had the judges standing and Piers smiling at the end of the song "Wicked Game." If you've never heard them do "Mama" it's worth a visit to YouTube.

Following their performance the next two acts, Silhouettes and West Springfield Dance Team, were called on stage. I don't want to take anything away from West Springfield, but this was a no-brainer for me. If Silhouettes hadn't won, I'd be unable to write this post due to shock.

The heart-breaking news for me came when Landou Eugene Murphy, Jr. and Anna Graceman awaited the results. They're both such talented vocalists in their own right. Who do I really want to see move on, and why?

Murphy has a wife and kids. He's struggled most of his life as a car washer. He's not getting any younger and this might be his last shot at fame. Then, again, certainly some agent spotted him and he'd be signed to appear in Vegas despite the results.

Anna is only 11 years old. She has her whole life ahead of her and finishing in the top 10 is certainly not failure. She's supported by her parents, so wouldn't need the money, except for maybe her college education. And headlining in Vegas, might change her too much at such an impressionable age.

Yeah, I had to go with Murphy and when Nick announced Landou Eugene Murphy, Jr. I was happy until I saw the emotional tears streaming down the cheeks of an 11- year-old, heartbroken kid. Chin up, Anna, your life is just beginning, even if your soul is a thousand years old.

And to think, when I was a toddler, singing and dancing my heart out on stage, family and friends thought I was so talented. LOL! Yeah, I would have gotten buzzed by all three judges shortly after the beginning. Unless, of course, it was on cuteness. Hey, where was Little Miss Perfect when I was a kid?

1 comment:

avilo said...

i need you clarissa, where are you, this is not right, you're gone for three days with no word. are you alive