Wednesday, August 3, 2011

America's Got Talent - The Results 8-3-11

Maybe it's just my mood tonight, but I was disappointed with the show. Not 100% sure about who America voted into the semifinals, and the talent portion of the show was a let down.

Now mind you, I like Maroon 5, but "Moves Like Jagger" annoyed the heck out of me. And any other time I probably would have liked Jason Derulo's performance. I didn't see the whole act, but "Don't Want To Go Home" did nuttin for me.

The first act that America voted through was Fatally Unique. They worked hard and showed a lot of improvement so, yeah, they deserve to at least get to the semis.

When Zuma Zuma and Yellow Design were both called to the stage, I figured they both won the votes of America. Yellow Design is BMX at its finest and Zuma Zuma is phenomenal entertainment - definitely Vegas. Regretfully, Nick wasn't trickin' the audience this time. Only one act went through and that was Zuma Zuma.

It was a no brainer as I watched three acts standing on stage anxiously awaiting their fate. So it was no surpise when Scott Alexander and SamB lost out to Team iLuminate.

I wasn't too shocked either that the Kinetic King didn't get voted through, but it was anyone's guess who the judges might vote through between Peachock and Melissa Villasenor.

Peachock had performed some spectacularly entertaining routines in the past and whilst bouncing balls on the piano didn't seem stupendous, I'd venture to say that it wasn't an easy task.

Villasenor was so clever and funny the first time around that last night's performance was, in comparison, average.

In the end, the judges went with the act they thought would make it to the finals and that was Melissa Villasenor.

Next week are the youtube competitions. It's amazing to me that AGT found 12 acts out of the 20 I saw.

2 comments:

tinkerbell said...

I don't think it was any different from any of the other result shows so it must have been your mood.

luckytaz said...

I'm still getting extremely annoyed at Piers. I sure hope they get a different judge next season.