Tuesday, June 14, 2011

America's Got Talent - Seattle - The Second Time Around

Guess producers thought Seattle had talent; unfortunately, the second time around was sadly pathetic.

On June 7, Seattle auditions brought performers like Melissa Villasenor, an extremely talented and funny impressionist/comic. Tumblers, from Kenya, called Zuma Zuma. The Electrolytes, a dance group. Poplyfe, a group of singing teens, whose lead vocalist - the only girl in the group - told Piers, "If they don't go, I don't go."

There was also an aerialist act, Daring James Duo. But I would have liked to have seen more of a little 8 year old, named Sadie, who could scat with the best. Alas! That was just a clip.

So, AGT thinking Seattle has talent, returned and whilst I think Piers lacks a sense of humor and is worse than Len Goodman, I was almost prepared to believe he's the only judge with a sense of talent.

Almost, that is, until he voted in a chihuahua that plays pool. It wasn't even an act, it was more like a trick. Big deal, a little doggie knocks balls into pockets. Now, if he had been using a cue stick, I might have voted the pooch in too.

The list of no talent folks in Seattle was endless and the show was a waste of time in my opinion.

Brian Jackson, a dude that blows up hot water bottles? Puuuleeeeze. His intention was to top the world record - and even after he was voted off with a miserable fail, he continued back stage. He finally got one to burst a half hour into the show.

Other names that made me cringe were: Buffo, the comedian; Kimo, who did, "Madonna - 20 shows in 20." Was that seconds? Robo the Robot, performed dumb jokes, and the first half hour of the show was a disaster. I think I'm quoting correctly when the emcee, Nick Cannon, said, "Seattle auditions are like the weather - Terrible."

There were clips of some drummer, whose name escapes me; Debra Henson, whose act escapes me; Marcos, a singer, whose mom told off Piers better than the dude to sing.

Alaska, not the state, but an "Interpretive Freestyle Dancer" was just weird.

LuckyTaz commented on my last AGT blog post that they leave in these acts as comic relief. Guess what? They're not funny. Especially when you only get clips of some otherwise talented acts like, Seth, the acrobatic magician; or a pole dancer named Soelil; and a group of funny men singers, whose name was Illumini something or other.

The BGPs, a band, who performed Bennie and the Jets, were good if all they want to do are gigs at weddings, small clubs, etc. Otherwise, they're going to have to be more original. The best part of their act was when their precious kids ran out on stage to be with their daddies. That was an awwwwwww moment.

Piers was enthralled with Marylee, a singer/song writer, who dedicates her music to "dead" people? Really, at first I thought she said deaf people. When she dedicated the number to Piers, I knew she said "dead" and it wasn't too far-fetched. She even put together a little video to go with her tune. Piers was the only judge who voted her in. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that's the first time he smiled all night too.

He didn't even snicker when A Guinness World Record comedian by the name of, Geechy Guy, did his - what I thought was pretty clever - original one-liners.

The only memorable act on tonight's show for me was a group of boys, 8, 9 and 10, named "The Art of Teckniques" They weren't just good for youngsters, they were skilled and obviously love every minute of their hip hop style dancing.

If I remember correctly, the reason I stopped watching America's Got Talent before, was because of shows like tonight's.

I am curious, though, what others think of the show's current format. So, please, take the time and check your choice. If enough people agree with me, I might send it on to the producers of the show.

America's Got Talent
I enjoy the dumb acts and wish there were more
I'd rather they just aired the good acts
Just air clips of the dumb acts
I like the current format
  
pollcode.com free polls

3 comments:

tinkerbell said...

I think I'm going to disagree with you, because there's a lot of talent shows out there.

Incorporating the bad talent makes the show funny.

By the way, I tried to vote and the poll wouldn't let me. *sad face*

Anonymous said...

Luckytaz just voted on the poll, and it worked fine.
I agree that last night's show was pretty pathetic ... a true waste of time. I would like to see them step it up a bit with more REAL talent.
I still believe the "bad" acts provide comic relief ... it's just not so funny when it's the whole show.

Hart said...

Sorry, tink, that the poll wouldn't let you vote. Maybe because you disagreed with me. lol

See, it let LuckyTaz vote.

"I still believe the "bad" acts provide comic relief ... it's just not so funny when it's the whole show."

That's what I'm talking about. mmhmm