Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dancing with the Stars Elimination #2

The right star went home! Nevertheless, I always feel sad when someone is eliminated. But at least Wendy won't have to put up with drag queen comparisons anymore. lol

What I didn't understand was Chris being in jeopardy. He's put on a pretty good show thus far, even if last's nights performance wasn't top rate. Kendra, I wouldn't miss too badly, only I don't think she'd be able to take that rejection emotionally.

Let's face it, these "stars" are putting their egos on the line. Having done live performances I can relate. You want the acceptance of the audience. Having had to endure auditions and hearing the gods of the theatre say, "Thanks. Next" is like a slap in the face. So, having to stand there and listen to someone tell you in so many words, you suck...wow, I just give anyone who can take it, without breaking down into Kendra tears, credit.

Kirstie and Max get my vote for favorite couple on the dance floor. I've actually seen a side of Max that I've never seen before, yet knew was there. Guess older women just know how to handle those younger egos. They're interaction is a joy to watch both offstage and on. But yeah, Kirstie, we all know why Max's hip gave out.
 
From the beginning I've said that most of the dancers are on an even "footing." But equally important is the connection between the couple and how they look together on the dance floor. I think, with the exception of Wendy, who would need Godzilla or King Kong to make her look petite and feminine, the couples are well matched. What say you?

CORRECTION:  Guess I wasn't listening. When Max went down, it looked to me like he grabbed his hip. I've learned it was merely a muscle cramp. Well, hell, that's not Kirstie's fault. My apologies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's no doubt that the right star was eliminated, but it should get very interesting now. This is the most even season I've seen, and I'm personally really enjoying it. I just think it's sad that it now mostly becomes a popularity contest instead of who really dances the best.
I have hated Max all along, but I'm seeing a very different side of him this season and it's fun to see. I think everyone knew immediately WHY Max's leg gave out.
Luckytaz is enjoying this season very much.

Hart said...

:) Thank you, Luckytaz, for the comments. I enjoy your feedback.

I do, however, disagree with you about Max. I've been attracted to his on/off stage persona since day one. He's very dominant and self-assured which is appealing; however, like I said, I knew underneath it all was this sweet, sensitive man and it's refreshing to know I'm right. lol