Wednesday, August 31, 2011

America's Got Talent - The Results - 8-31-11

Tonight ended the semi-finals. Unfortunately, for every winner there's someone who didn't win. See, I didn't say loser, because there's a place for each act that performed last night. They were all good.

My picks were obvious - they were the ones in caps in the poll. lol Would I have wanted Snap Boogie to replace Silhouettes? I'm not sure. Silhouettes wasn't that impressive last night, but if I voted on past performances, they've been spectacular. Their act is definitely unique and versatile. Watching them perform is mesmerizing.

When Snap Boogie was called to the stage with the Smage Bros. and Kinetic King, my only hope was that America didn't have their heads up their butts. When KK was eliminated, I was relieved. However, two acts, for which I voted, stood on the stage anxiously awaiting the judges decision.

I like Snap Boogie. He's talented and exciting to watch, but he doesn't take your breath away like the Smage Bros do. I had a feeling that the judges would vote the Smage Bros. into the finals - and they did. So what happens to Snap Boogie now? Certainly he won't be a street performer forever. Hopefully, an agent saw him and we'll be hearing good things about his success. He deserves a place in the world of entertainment.

There wasn't a doubt in my mind that Landon Swank, who was originally voted out of the competition and brought back as a wild card, would make it through.

What concerned me was when Anna Graceman and Landou Eugene Murphy, Jr. were both called to the stage. Then I thought LOL - AGT you're not gonna fool me again. Of course they're both going through. Only when Nick announced the winner - Anna Graceman - I sat with my jaw to the floor. Not that she doesn't deserve to be in the finals, but so does Murphy, dammit!

When Nick pulled him over to let him say his final words, I was sad and I'm sure his wife, who stood behind him and believed in him all these years, was heartbroken too. Then I thought, maybe it's better like this. Maybe it's better because if he does gain popularity, he'll probably start fooling around with women and y'all will end up divorced. Yeah, you saw him through the bad times, but he won't need you anymore if he becomes famous. That's just how it works.

Still, I felt bad for him. Then, after Murphy thanked everyone for the opportunity and made his farewell speech, Nick, (and whoever had this idea I'm putting a curse on you) said, "Well, what if I told you, you're not going home?" DUH!

Watch out now Mrs. Murphy. LOL

The acts you'll be seeing in next week's finals are:

From last weeks results

iLluminate
Poplyfe
Lys Agnes
Miami All Stars
West Springfield Dance Team

From this weeks results

Silhouettes
Landou Eugene Murphy, Jr.
Anna Graceman
Landon Swank
Smage Bros.

By the way, I loved Susan Boyle's song, "You Have To Be There," which she performed beautifully, as usual, on tonight's show. Was it a religious song or a love song? hmmmm? Searched for the lyrics, but couldn't find them anywhere. Oh wells. EDIT: I finally found the lyrics to the song and it is religious in nature.

See y'all next week, if I'm still here.

P.S. I received the most beautiful "hugs and kisses" floral arrangement today along with the ugliest stuffed animal I've ever seen. You know the kind that's so ugly you have to love it? Thank you, avilo. #9829. 

1 comment:

tinkerbell said...

I'm not disappointed with America's vote or on how the judges voted. But like you, I hope Snap Boogie doesn't get discouraged, or better yet, I hope this show got him discovered.