Monday, May 2, 2011

Dancing with the Stars - Week Seven Already?

Correction:  It was brought to my attention that whilst I've only seen six weeks of DWTS, we're actually in week seven.

Isn't it funny that when you're really enjoying something, time goes by so quickly? It hardly seems possible that we're already into week six of Dancing with the Stars. Missing last week's show was disappointing, but I really don't want to miss another one or I'll probably go into a rage and kick mother nature's butt.

The competitors are neck in neck and that's exciting. No one dancer outshines any of the others. Even in the team dance, they tied. Of course, I was waiting for Kirstie to have a mishap. Seems every time she dances, I'm holding my breath.

In week six, (seven) I thought she'd be a size six. (seven) Okay, so I'm exaggerating, even with a the seven, but doesn't seem to me that she's dropped that many pounds for the work-out Maks is giving her. And, yes, I do mean on the dance floor.

Her Jive tonight wasn't that great. Still, there's just something about her that I enjoy watching. She exudes personality and sex appeal when she dances. The judges scores differed as much as their critique. The guest judge, Donnie Burns, gave her a nine, which in my opinion, was way too high. Len gave her a six, way too low. Wtf...are we playing Goldilocks here? Only one of the four bears gave her a seven and that's probably just right.

Y'all know the Paso is one hell of a sexy dance and one of my favorites. It was well performed by Chelsea and Mark, but in rehearsal, Chelsea was told that she has to stop smiling. "The Paso is aggressive and passionate." Now, if someone said that to me, I'd get the giggles and it would erupt into a full blown pee in your pants laugh. As a matter of fact, as I watched them, I was like...omg, don't laugh, don't laugh. Unfortunately, I think she was too serious.

Kendra proved that a tomboy (that part of her nature is probably why she and Louis connect so well. hehe) can be elegant, when she glided across the floor in the arms of Louis. Frankly, I was pleasantly surprised. She can shake her booty all right, but I wasn't so sure she could actually pull off a dance.

As far as Ralph is concerned - Oh wait, I want to interrupt this with a question. Where are Bruno's vocal chords located that the man can't talk without standing up?

Okay, Ralph. Let's face it, he's in his 50s and he can move despite a bum knee. His Quick Step was fun to watch, as are all his dances. And what a gentleman. With reference to last week, when Karina tripped, he responded like a knight in shining armor. Ralph MACcHiO. mmhmm.

From the start, though, Hines has been my favorite. He's been consistently good and always growing. Whilst I wasn't a big fan of his Tango - I guess because seeing him sans smiles is just weird - he still made it pleasant to watch. *swoons

Then comes Romeo and Chelsie. I have to give the kid credit. Face it, he didn't even know what ball room was and he's learned to get out there and do it. Nevertheless, I feel he struggles a bit with technique.

All in all the dancers are growing and are fun to watch. Dancing to me is so sensual and sexy and I guess Donnie Burns summed it up when he described dancing as "Horizontal desire." Ooooooh yeaaaaaaaaah.

If you missed the scores, here they are.

Chelsea and Mark 8--9-8-9
Kendra and Louis 8-8-7-8
Kirstie and Maks 9-7-6-8
Ralph and Karina 10-9-8-9
Hines and Kym 9-9-8-10
Romeo and Cheslie 7-8-7-8 (although Donnie originally held up a #8 paddle)

The both team scores totaled 30.

So who's going home tomorrow night? Your guess is as good as mine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like reading your take on dwts it makes me laugh most of the time.

Sorry you missed it last week and hope you dont leave in Alabama. Probably not because if you did you wouldn't be watching dwts tonight.

laughed when I read you're going to "kick Mother Nature's butt." You're really funny.

Anonymous said...

Lucky Taz thinks the younger dancers are kicking major butt. I really enjoyed Mark and Chelsea and Chelsie and Romeo dancing. I thought the judges were a bit hard on them. Kym and Hines are so consistent, and I love watching them. This is such a great season. Yes, it is going too fast. I'll have to listen closer tonight, but I thought they said it was week 7.

Where was the voting for last night's show?

I think Kirstie and Kendra will be in the bottom. I don't know who will go tonight. Kirstie is fun to watch, but Kendra is really improving as a dancer. Only time will tell.

Hart said...

First let me thank "anon" for the compliment. I try to add humor into every situation. Unfortunately, some things aren't that funny in the midst of occurrence.

Hey, LuckyTaz, I think the yungins kicked butt in the team dance and were the winners; however, the judges didn't see it that way.

And maybe I did make a mistake on what week we're in. For me it was week six regardless, because I missed a week. lol

Sorry, didn't take the time to make a poll. Only a few viewers were voting.

avilo said...

hines is gonna win it, i'm pretty sure.

and hey u can make polls, people vote in em, dun be a big baby :P